Friday, July 15, 2011

It's a smile. It's a kiss. It's a sip of wine. It's summertime.

Yeah right!  I wish this summer was that easy!!  I don't think it has even hit me yet that it's summertime and it's already the middle of July!! I have been so busy with school pageant preparation that I haven't enjoyed a minute of summertime!!  My summer consists of:

Tons and Tons of homework!!  Studying almost every minute that I'm not in class.  However, I have to keep my dreams in sight.  I have to remember that I'm taking this summer class in hopes that maybe I will get into Pharmacy school a year sooner (which also means moving to Nashville a year sooner)!  So in the end maybe this will pay off.  Note to self:  NEVER ever ever in the history of everdom will you EVER take another summer class. 










And then of course there is plenty of working out.  At least two hours a day.  & yes, I realize that's really not THAT much.  But after sitting in class for 4 hours a day...my day is pretty much gone!  However, also have to keep my dreams in sight... These two hours of working out a day will help me reach my goal...going to Miss Tennessee and not to mention I feel SO much better afterwards.  So a healthy lifestyle isn't that bad at all.   You just have to commit to making time for it.  Yes, it is much simpler to stop at a drive through but your body HATES you for it!! 






and singing.  Talent may not be my strongest area of competition but...by the time I start competing, I'm hoping it will be.  I've performed on stage since I was young but not that I'm changing the style of WHAT I sing, it's a little different.  The hardest part is definitely choosing the right song but I think we have narrowed it down to what we want at this point.  and I am SO excited to perform my new song at whatever prelim will come first for me this year. :)

So, my apologies for all of the complaining....  I just miss my sweet summertime.  But all of this hard work will definitely make me appreciate it even more next summer.  Even though I'm sure I will get into something.  Just call me the Queen of Taking on More than She Can Handle :)

xx - Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment