Friday, July 8, 2011

Baby Blues & Beautiful Angels



What is is about the South? Getting married and having kids before the age of 20? I mean...I know there's no set age limit or time that is appropriate for getting married or having a child, it just seems that everytime I log onto facebook or talk to one of my friends from home another of my friends is pregnant, or someone else is engaged!!

One of my best friends from high school had a baby boy a week before our Junior year of high school. He is almost 3 years old now and it has been so amazing watching him grow up and watching her grow into such a wonderful mommy!! She is so mature for her age, responsible, and she amazes me more everyday...somehow balancing being a full-time student (that makes straight A's might I add), working a job, AND being there at all times for Hunter!! I have NO idea how she does it.

I'm planning one of my best friends' baby showers! She is due in October and always asking me when I'm going to settle down and get married and having kids!!! I'm NOWHERE NEAR READY FOR THAT!!!! I still have my whole life ahead of me. I want to become a pharmacist, I want to find the perfect guy, I want to be Miss Tennessee, I want to do all these things that I couldn't do with a child!!

So, I have decided to make a scrapbook-type of book...that shows all of my dreams...all the things I want to accomplish BEFORE getting married and starting a family. I'm leaving it up to my friends to continue having the beautiful babies...and I will just spoil them if that's okay with everyone.... Until I'm like 30...and then you guys will hopefully be receiving some wedding invitations.

Now I want to take a minute to say goodbye to a very special young woman...


May Lacey Allen rest in peace. You were a beautiful 20 year old, full of life, and I'm still in complete shock that we lost you last night. Heaven has a new beautiful angel today. So many people are hurting today, and my heart aches for your family. You were soo special to soo many people, Lacey!! I hope you know that.
xx - Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment