Sunday, September 11, 2011

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY.

So, it's been a while! I have been kinda M.I.A. but here's an update of my life the past couple of weeks!

Last week was Rush week for the Greek organizations on campus.  So, I was beyond busy between Open House, Informal, Formal, and helping my sisters pick who was a good fit to join us!  We gained 6 new sisters!!  and then had Open Rush and got 3 more!  It was SOO exciting to get to experience Rush from the standpoint of being an Active instead of a Pledge this year and I am looking forward to this year with the girls!!

Yesterday, I went to Clarksville, Tennessee, for Miss Tennessee USA 2012 seminar!  It was such a great experience to meet everyone and it made me feel a lot better.  I haven't really started getting nervous yet...but I know the week before I will have a break down and be a nervous wreck!  But I'm spending the majority of my time preparing for that...

Today is the 10 year anniversary of the day that Americans will never forget.  10 years ago, America was under attack and I remember sitting in my classroom on September 11, 2001, watching the news thinking....how is this happening...??  It was terrifying news for me at the age I was, and I'm sitting here now...10 years later, 10 years older...and it's still just as hard for me to wrap my mind around.  All I know is that I will never forget that day that so many American lives were taken...

Tomorrow is Miss Universe so I am praying for Miss USA to pull a big win so we can send Miss Tennessee off to New York to be the new Miss USA!!!  Can't wait.

xx - Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment